WHAT FITS IN MY MIDI LOREN TOTE
As you may already know, I designed the Midi Loren Tote for myself. Yes, I'll admit it, I selfishly designed it to fit my personal needs. After trying out the maxi bag trend and most recently the mini bag trend, I can finally say, I'm a midi bag kind of girl.
If my bag is too big, I end up carrying everything but the kitchen sink in it and look like I'm the hunchback of Notre Dame. If it's too small then I'm constantly frustrated because I'm missing something essential that didn't make the 'mini bag cut'! So, this week I'd like to show you what fits inside my Midi Loren tote, comfortably and realistically, in case you're a midi girl, just like me.
I don't know about you, but switching bags depending on the outfit I'm wearing is quite tiresome, so, most of the time, I end up wearing the same bag no matter the outfit or the weather. I know what you're thinking, based on my large wardrobe of bags, surely I have enough bags to match my outfit?! And the answer of course is yes, I do, but I'm also a mum of 2, I run a business and a household, and I honestly don't have the time or the energy, to look Instagram-perfect every day. So, when I went about designing the Midi Loren Tote, I tried to visualise the perfect everyday bag, one that looked beautiful but was functional at the same time. I thought about my busy daily routine, most likely similar to every other mother or professional woman out there, and designed it for us, because I think it is possible to have one really good go-to bag that is suitable for most of your everyday needs.
The bag pictured above is the Taupe Midi Loren Tote with Pink bonded suede lining. It's made with my signature smooth calfskin leather. I chose this particular leather to make my bags because of it's modern look and practical nature. It's ultra-light so it won't feel like you're carrying an 8 pound baby even before you've put anything in it. It doesn't scratch or stain easily and it has a beautiful bonded suede lining which I love. It’s smooth, stylish and practical, which is precisely what I had in mind when I was searching for the perfect leather.
The Midi Loren is a medium sized bag with a zip opening and double handles. It has a matching, removable leather pouch, so you can keep all your valuables safe and in one place, and a detachable and adjustable shoulder strap, so you can wear it over the shoulder. The shoulder strap is adjustable with a 100cm / 40″ drop, so you can carry this bag over the shoulder comfortable even if you're wearing a big coat in winter.
The dimensions of this tote are compact, H24cm/9.5" x W27cm/10.5" x D13cm/5", because it should be light and spacious enough to carry what you need without wearing you down. This is not a bag that you can use to carry large work files, laptops or that extra pair of shoes (unless their my foldable Lily ballet flats).
What Fits in my Midi Loren Tote
- Sunglasses - I can't live without my Bailey Nelson's sunglasses. I bought this style in 3 different coloured frames because I think they suit the shape of my face. They are really light and their polarised lenses are amazing.
- iPhone 8 - My loyal personal assistant!
- A copy of A Brave New World by Alduous Huxley - this is a classic book one of my exes introduced me to while we were at university. I love re-reading classic books. Every time I read them I get inspired in a different way.
- My 500cl S'well metal water bottle - my family and I are trying to cut down on plastic waste at our house, and the first thing we gave up were plastic bottles last year. I loved the colour of this bottle and that it doesn't have that weird metallic smell that some water bottles have.
- Moleskin Notebook & a pencil - because I'm always taking notes or coming up with design ideas and need a place to jot them down before I forget them!
- My Blush Pink Cosmetics Case - to store my pens, make-up and other daily essentials I don't want scattered at the bottom of my bag.
If you’re not sure whether a Regular Loren or a Midi Loren is the right bag for you, then read my other blog post: What Fits in My Loren Tote. And if you still have questions, feel free to reach out either through Live Chat, (at the bottom right of this page), via the contact form here, or by email at info(@)alexandradecurtis.com.
Ciao for now!